The small kitchen remodeling cost is really common question in NY due to many small apartments and houses.
It requires a specific design and as well a very strict cost and time calculations due to many restrictions you can meet during the small kitchen remodeling in your house.
Overall the kitchen serves as the heart and hearth of your home. It’s where you prepare your meals and it’s where all of your parties gather.
Is it any wonder that kitchen remodels are so popular and have the largest payoff in terms of boosting a home’s resale value? Of course, kitchen remodels are also the most complicated and can be the most expensive renovation in your home.
We noticed that many New Yorkers have very old kitchens, even 100 years old that don’t allow so many fresh innovations’ adding and appliances adding.
The average project of small kitchen remodeling cost depends on:
- the size of your kitchen,
- the quality of materials,
- and whether you change the layout of the room.
On average, homeowners report that a kitchen remodel costs $23792 in NY.
A smaller project between $10,000 and $15,000 may include painting walls, refacing cabinets, upgrading the sink, and installing a tile backsplash. It is a most common project nowadays.
A $30,000+ renovation may include installing custom cabinets, hardwood floors, granite counters, and high-end appliances. Most homeowners spend between $13000 and $34000.
Then you can take a closer look at the details that will affect your overall cost.
Remodel a Kitchen Project Cost
ALREADY HAVE A BUDGET? NEED TO CREATE ONE?
Use our renovation cost calculator for kitchen remodeling below
Based on our experience you can find the share of each activity in the small kitchen remodeling cost.
- Cabinetry – you should expect to spend 35 to 40% of your budget on cabinetry, depending on the room and size of the room you are remodeling.
- Countertops – today, materials like marble, granite, and stainless steel are the most popular. Other materials like stone and laminate come-and-go in terms of popularity. In the end, the material and surface area determines the price, but on average you should set aside 5 to 12% of your budget for countertops – depending on the room you’re remodeling.
- Appliances cost will depend on whether or not you are using existing appliances or purchasing new ones. On average, approximately 8% of your budget should be allocated for appliances.
- Lighting – typically 4 to 8% of your budget, however this may change depending the age of your wiring, as well as size and type of room.
- Wall covering – On average, covering your walls should account for 3% of your budget.
- Labor – Some remodeling projects may require things like air conditioning systems or plumbing with licences and insurance covering. In these instances you can expect to spend about 15 to 25% on a plumbing or heating & cooling specialists.
Share this entry
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Google+
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Linkedin
- Share on Tumblr
- Share on Vk
- Share on Reddit
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!